Wednesday, February 27, 2008

lenten journal: write up

I’m happy to say I’m beginning to feel better. Not yet one hundred percent, but better. Thanks for the kind words and prayers.

I had a fun thing happen today. The Duke Chronicle is the independent student daily newspaper at the university and they ran a story on three changes in Duke dining services; I’m one of them. They even came up and took a picture. And they said:

Though not a location for a brief meal, the Faculty Commons hopes to cater to a broader audience with the promotion of former line chef Milton Brasher-Cunningham in January. His background and experience are varied and his ideas and management skills will benefit the service, Elizabeth Tornquist, a member of the eatery's staff, wrote in an e-mail.

"We are delighted to have him and feel that he will continue our Executive Chef Amy Tornquist's tradition of serving fresh local foods, prepared with imagination and skill," she said.
I feel like I’m finding a rhythm there and things are going well. Tonight when I went out into the dining room to see how folks were doing, one of the students said, “Dude, you’re the guy in the paper.”

That’s me.

Peace,
Milton

7 comments:

Lori said...

Glad you are feeling better!

And that is a cool picture and a great write up. Dude!

dg said...

Dude...those of us who know you know you have been a stud for a long time...glad the younger dudes are catching on...and glad you are feeling better...

dg

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm so lucky to know such a cool dude!!! Glad you're feeling better. You look awsome!!! Peace.
Molly

Jimmy said...

Dude...what a smile. dude...I like the stance.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the plug.

Maria said...

Glad you're feeling better. Congratulations on the nice write up, dude!

Unknown said...

Dude!