Saturday, September 11, 2010

these are

the dig in the dirt
go to bed tired
spread out the gravel
plant the trees and vegetables days

the creak in the knees
crust in the knuckles
come back in five years
to see how it all worked out days

the plot the resurrection
slam the door open
say thanks for the help
give thanks for the pups days

the listen to the same riddles
watch him disappear slowly
watch him sit in silence
learn what it means to be family days

the all that I hoped for
never saw it coming
wish there were another way
keep our promises to each other days

the I’m with you
I'm with you
I’m with you days

Peace,
Milton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Milton! Lora Lee

Joy said...

Your father-in-law is so fortunate, but I have a feeling you feel the same way.

Blessings ...

curtis@darbyporch.com said...

These are magic words. The few they are deftly reached through the murk and distraction to connect themselves to my heart beat and alter it in harmony. God has spoken through you a deep truth. Thank you.